Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Two Go Home -- One Comes Home



5:38 PM -
Two loved ones have gone home to God. The first was my dear, beloved white doggy Angel, on January 24, 2008. She was only 8 years old and had a lot of life left, yet she was taken from me by an unknown thief, and left to die on a road. Completely senseless. Yet, I believe she is in heaven waiting for me, with all my other beloved pets who have passed on. A nurse I knew years ago convinced me of this with scriptures from the Bible, which I won't go into here; I'm just thorougly convinced that heaven wouldn't be heaven for me unless my pets were there.


On February 9, 2008, my mother's body passed away. I know that sounds weird, but she had been afflicted with Alzheimer's, and in my humble opinion her spirit and soul had been gone long ago, with only her "vehicle" (body) left here. My mother and I had our differences all our lives, but I know this for sure: She went to heaven and is joyous and happy now, healed, healthy, intact, as a spiritual being. She is there praising God along with my father, all her brothers and sisters, and all others who were special to her, including her beloved pets too. My mother had a long and full life. In her retirement years, she enjoyed traveling to Europe (to work at a mission), to Hawaii (with her church seniors group), and various other activities such as attending the annual Scottish Festival in Estes Park, Colorado. She was 90 years old when she passed onto heaven, and surely no one can complain about living such a long life, with only a few years at the end in poor health. In some ways, I envy her. I wonder all the time what heaven is like, what waits there for me, and how it will be to be in the presence of God. Not that I'm anxious to go at any time soon!

Because, I have adopted a wonderful little needy dog, Coco. She has been in a rescue foster home for the past few months. (I always adopt rescue dogs.) Coco is a 6-month-old Pomeranian mix, and her foster mother and I believe she is mixed with American Eskimo, which is the breed Angel was. What funny, crazy, noisy, loving little dogs they are!!!! Coco is still afraid of strangers and will need lots of time to feel safe and secure with me, and I have plenty of love and time to give her.

I have also been thinking of my other late, great dog, Sophie. Sophie was also an American Eskimo, most probably mixed with Cocker Spaniel. Sophie died of old age in June of 2006, and she is still warmly remembered, loved, and missed.

My mother knew and liked Sophie. I wonder if they have seen each other yet up there? I hope so!!


So rest in heavenly peace, Mom, Angel, Sophie, Dad, et.al.

And welcome home to Coco!

Currently listening : Living With Ghosts By Patty Griffin Release date: 21 May, 1996

1 comment:

rachelc said...

So sorry for your losses, and so close together, too. All good thoughts, and a big hug, to you and yours: I also believe that our pets are there to greet us with the rest of our loved ones, and I'm going to need a VERY large corral in my next life to hold all of ours :)

I lost my mother in 2003, but before she left us, she had a near-death experience. The two things she told me after her condition was stabilized were that my uncle was there to greet her with our dogs, and that the fields they were running in were a beautiful, verdant green. Isn't that a lovely thought? (Oh--my uncle had died less than 3 days before that, and we had not told my mom yet.) I'm with ya, girl...I just hope everyone's getting along...